Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cortland, NY

I use to drive tractor trailer and ride motorcycle and now I can’t thanks to fibromyalgia I can’t even drive a car anymore

November 17, 2025 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyFibroTeam Member

I have never driven, but if im honest i dnt think i would be capable, due to brain fog, migraines and all the rest of it. Some days i feel im not on this planet i forget too many things and go into a trance

November 18, 2025
A MyFibroTeam Member

Trevor you are going through the grief of disability. It took me a few years to find ways to live in my new normal. There are days that I still grieve but realize I can’t change things and move forward. Wishing you peace.

November 20, 2025
A MyFibroTeam Member

It’s difficult some days, mostly due to the fatigue. Yesterday I had sharp pain in my right hip while I was driving. I talk to myself a lot, and this will sound a little crazy, but I imagine it’s a little man poking at me with a sword or pin and I yell at him. LOL… crazy right? But it kind of helps. I just say, “knock it off dude!” Hmmm maybe I should give him a name. Yesterday he was inside my head with a hammer. He wasn’t a good listener yesterday. 🤪🤪

November 19, 2025
A MyFibroTeam Member

I gave up driving 4 years ago due to the severe dizziness and uncoordinated movement of my extremities from my cerebellar ataxia.

November 18, 2025
A MyFibroTeam Member

I gave up driving in 2012 when I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.

November 23, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cortland, NY

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cortland, NY

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bellingham, WA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In