Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Cortland, NY
July 14, 2024
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members shared their experiences with waking up at night feeling feverish, cold, or experiencing temperature dysregulation, with many... Read more

Members shared their experiences with waking up at night feeling feverish, cold, or experiencing temperature dysregulation, with many describing similar symptoms including chills, sweats, electric shock sensations, and difficulty staying comfortable. Several members mentioned that menopause has intensified their fibromyalgia symptoms, making temperature regulation even more challenging, while others shared practical strategies like using thin comforters strategically or layering bedding to manage shifting between hot and cold. A recurring theme was the frustration of overlapping symptoms between fibromyalgia and other conditions like MS, with members encouraging each other to advocate for proper testing and specialist referrals when symptoms feel unmanageable.

A MyFibroTeam Member

MS is diagnosed with a brain & cervical spine MRI..it can also be diagnosed through a spinal tap (lumbar puncture).Did your Neurologist do any tests Trevor,if you donโ€™t mind me asking?

July 16, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

Woke up feeling electric shocks going across my chest went back to sleep, what doesn't kill u Trevor makes u stronger ๐Ÿ’ช ๐Ÿ˜‚

July 14, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

I think MS is diagnosed with a brain or neck MRI, I had to get one a while back when I was getting a bunch of tests and labs done to figure out why my physical health got so bad so suddenly. Wasn't the most fun test to get done but I was on Ativan for it so it wasn't too bad.

July 15, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

They diagnosed me with fibromyalgia back in 2020 I was mostly in bed for 10 months then it all went into remission for two years and came back worse and went wide spread dec11 2023 . How is ms diagnosed ? I do know Ms and fibro can have some similar symptoms so Iโ€™ve read

July 15, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hi Trevor,, have you thought about asking your GP if you can see a Neurologist? I have a lot of the symptoms that you have and I saw my doctor who referred me as she suspects that I could have MS..Not saying you have but at least it would rule that possibility out?? Good luck ๐Ÿ˜Š

July 15, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Cortland, NY

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
San Diego, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In