Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
March 12, 2016
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared experiences with waking up with a red nose, with several noting that using a CPAP machine with a humidifier helps prevent this... Read more

Members shared experiences with waking up with a red nose, with several noting that using a CPAP machine with a humidifier helps prevent this issue, suggesting that dry air or cold temperatures may be contributing factors. Many members described similar flushing that extends beyond just the nose to include the face, neck, chest, and arms, often accompanied by a burning or feverish sensation despite having no actual fever, with some experiencing this unpredictably during the day as well. A recurring theme was the mystery surrounding why this happens, with members seeking answers and sharing theories related to CPAP mask types, room temperature, humidity levels, and conditions like rosacea.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I do. My nose and the skin around it. It happens sometimes during the day for no reason either. Does anyone know why!

March 12, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Me too, it seemed for about 2 weeks every night I felt like I had a fever I even bought a thermometer but I am afebrile ( no fever). Just upper body very hot and flushed

March 27, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

My face and nose are always red because I have Roseaca but I don't think that is what all are talking about.

March 12, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

I do too. When I use my cpap whist has a humidifier it doesn't happen. The colder the night the worse the red. A humidifier might be the answer whether with a cpap or not

March 12, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

I sometimes wake up like that even with the CPAP machine on.

April 27, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
morden

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Manhattan, KS

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In