Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Edinburgh, UK

Bit of a strange question but
I've been having a few inquiries for the ladies out there
I've read about worsened period pains and flare up surrounding it but do you have any other female organ related issues.
To specify more I've been having bad stabbing or like shocks of pain around what I estimate is my cervix.
And although yes my periods are horrible, I also haven't had one since October..
I'm trying to figure out if this fibro related or if I should press it next time I speak with my… read more

January 30, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyFibroTeam Member

I’d mention it to my doctor. When I had that I ended up with fibroid tumors. May check it out.

January 30, 2022
A MyFibroTeam Member

I'll get flat out sick before my period. Like fever, aches, chills, pain fatigue, muscle weakness... Just like a flare-up. Cramps are pretty intense (like hunched over, crying, can't walk) but only last for a day (two at the most).

I didn't have bad periods until after I had a tubal ligation and endometrial ablation.... and oddly enough, that's about the same time my fibro symptoms started.

February 1, 2022
A MyFibroTeam Member

I can always tell when i am due on as my pain gets worse than normal

January 31, 2022
A MyFibroTeam Member

I had severe cramps during my periods and bled hard. They did end up being fibroids. They aren’t fun.

January 31, 2022
A MyFibroTeam Member

I too have painful and stabbing cramps during periods. I have flare ups 2 weeks before. My pelvic sometimes contract as if I'm have baby lol. Fibromyalgia makes any painful event worse.

January 30, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hammond, IN

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Shropshire, UK

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In