Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Coral Springs, FL

I feel like no one will ever understand or know how sick I am. It's a daily, every second of everyday I am in so much PAIN. I literally can't do it anymore.. of course what other choice do I have I know that but for the past few weeks just dressing myself is hard. I physically can't do it and it's really affecting me mentally and emotionally. And I just got a boyfriend 2 weeks ago... who I really like and may even be falling in love with but I AM SO SICK ALL THE TIME... We had some friends come… read more

November 12, 2016
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members opened up about the profound isolation of living with fibromyalgia, with many sharing that even loved ones struggle to truly... Read more

Members opened up about the profound isolation of living with fibromyalgia, with many sharing that even loved ones struggle to truly understand the relentless daily pain and its emotional toll. Several members offered practical guidance for navigating new relationships while chronically ill, encouraging honest conversations with partners about limitations, sharing resources like the Spoon Theory to explain invisible illness, and advocating fiercely with doctors to find the right combination of treatments, supplements, and lifestyle adjustments. A recurring theme was the importance of not letting fibromyalgia turn you into a victim, leaning on faith and community support, communicating needs clearly to family and partners, and remembering that true relationships are built on honesty rather than hiding struggles.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I think this is the hardest, saddest part about fibromyalgia. No one can really understand.

November 13, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hi Danielle I totally understand I started with fibro since I was 13 years old and now I am 49 keep talking to your doctor once the doctor finds the correct combination of meds trust me you will begin the to feel better and gaining your strength back. Things will get better trust me I know I've been where you are and finally I now spend many days to weeks without pain. I notice you live in Florida, the one thing we have is lots of sunshine when you feel the weight of the pain try sitting or walking in the sun for few minutes it help you. I will pray for you, please know you are not alone. In this site many of us with different stories but one thing in common a pain we hide a pain that even our most close relatives will never understand, be strong!!!!! Gentle hugs.

November 13, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

@A MyFibroTeam Member it's not a group you can attend but my page does have a chat room on it, so if we can get more people over there and using it then it's a little lighter?? X
Http://fe03vrn.wixsite.com/fibrofight

November 13, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

It's hard and many dont understand but you should be upfront and honest with you new bf. You maybe surprised and he maybe very supportive but if not it's better than making yourself sick. I know how you feel but I have found my true friends understand and if you are to have a long term relationship it need based on honesty and support

November 13, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

(Email address can only be seen by the question and answer creators) its my email address my website for fibro is http://fe03vrn.wixsite.com/fibrofight
I can totally relate to how youre feeling and what youre going through right now.
you can be surrounded by people who all ask you how you are but no one really wants to hear the answer, not that youd be able to explain it if they did.
I am happily married with two children and my husband understands to the point where sometimes its too suffocating and im treated like china............theres almost no happy medium and so i did a stupid thing
i started talking to an ex from 16 years ago just because he knew the me before the illness and i didnt tell him i was sick.... it was nice just texting someone who knew me again... until i caught a cold one weekend and i was floored and then i had to tell my friend why my replies werent so fast or long............. expecting him to run, he stayed and carried on talking untill i got another cold a few weeks later then he started backing off and I knew it was too much for him to accept even in a friend.
so im giving you two ways of contacting me and I will be here for you night and day x

November 13, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mooresville, NC

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bainbridge, PA