Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lehighton, PA

For the last several months I have been having such bad lower back pain. It's constant, never goes away and sometime almost unbearable. I've never had problems with my lower back before. I've seen my chiropractor & had an X-ray, nothing abnormal for my age (48)...anyone else have this issue and if so what did you do about it?

June 14, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members connected over the challenge of chronic lower back pain, with many sharing that this symptom is common in their condition and often... Read more

Members connected over the challenge of chronic lower back pain, with many sharing that this symptom is common in their condition and often dismissed as arthritis by doctors. Several members described treatments that provided varying degrees of relief, including Tramadol, Lyrica, muscle relaxers, lumbar injections, TENS machines, heating pads, chiropractic care, physical therapy, Fentanyl patches, and Voltaren gel, though most emphasized that relief tends to be temporary. A recurring theme was the importance of seeking proper medical evaluation if symptoms worsen to include numbness, shooting leg pain, or urinary issues, as these could signal serious complications like ruptured discs requiring surgical intervention.

A MyFibroTeam Member

Again, the Fenton also patch helps with that. Also there is a cream called voter an gel that helps too. You can get both from a Doctor.

June 16, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I take tramadol almost every day for the regular pain but I only take it once a day, sometimes twice at the most. It helps but doesn't take it totally away.

June 15, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I Take that to,Doesn't do real great for me! Lyrica helps! !

June 15, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I know there not worth the pain they cause, as relief does not last long enough at all, I think!!

June 15, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Wayne : listen to this : whenever I'm in pain or uncomftable, I chant to myself : Not lumbar puncture Not lumbar puncture!
Because... I had one performed in a doctors office. I was on my side facing the wall on the examine taxable. It was the worst and strangest feeling I've ever had.
It hurt and numbed my legs at the same time ! I tried to grab the wall to no avail.
I left indentations from trying to grab ahold of something !

June 15, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
St Helens, UK

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Carthage, TX

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Huddersfield, UK