Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Saint Peters, MO

I was diagnosed about 5 months ago. I am currently “Going through a “FLARE!” For about 3 weeks now. I am starting to wonder if this is ACTUALLY A “Flare”, or if this is my new “Normal?” Everyday I go to sleep praying that when I wake up in the morning, that Tom. Will be the day that I will be able to move my neck from one side to the other. That I will be able to lift my arms up without them falling down by my side. That I will be able to pull myself up in bed, and that my back won’t feel like… read more

June 21
 · 
Reactions
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hi Esloan have you seen your doctor to rule out anything else especially that you can't keep your arms up. I don't mean to be alarmist but you should get your neck checked too probably just fibro but better to be safe than sorry especially as all of this is new. Keep us updated♥️

June 21
A MyFibroTeam Member

I am a very seasoned warrior. In fact when I first realized something was going on not one of my medical providers diagnosed me. My symptoms kept going into remission (so know that does occur). In fact they might disappear for months, even years but something would always come back. I actually didn't get diagnosed til much later in life. I remember when my best friend got diagnosed she was unable to explain what it was or how it effects her. As we went along through the years I noticed I was having some similarities. So when I first started researching I found their were over 100 possible symptoms, when I asked her if she knew about them she said her doctor didn't tell her about what to keep in mind. So I was surprised she didn't tell me much but she said she has never been informed. So then, realizing I would most likely have to forge my own path...which I have done. This is extremely complex but there are ways to manage it if you search for them. I see the diagnosis is changing now too.
We are all so different and not one us has the same thing or things going on. And actually the diagnosis isn't as straight process hence taking years to finalize. Most times it's not a structural change that a medical provider can visualize. So ask questions to anyone who will listen. Advocate for your comprehensive care. Search for solutions that might provide you relief. I'm still working on my tools 40 years later. A lot of it is trial and error. Not everything is right for everyone but you will find your way. If there is anything I can do for you to help, I will. 😉☯️

June 22
A MyFibroTeam Member

Sounds like a flare. Be kind to yourself, listen to audiobooks downloaded from library, rest and rest. Hugs

June 22
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hi sweetheart
This to me sounds like a flare, I've had fibro for many years and what you described is a typical flare for me. They can come at anytime for me, Yet more so when I've been extremely busy for a few weeks or really over done it for just one day.
This past month I have been extremely busy and the very next morning after I'd completed everything I injured myself and have been in a flare for just over a week now.
The way you said about your neck and arms being unable to move properly this happens to me. I have got arthritis in my neck so maybe get that checked out.
I had to go shopping this morning and to the chemist. It took me 3hrs to sort myself out before I could leave. My legs didn't want to work or bare weight, my neck felt it was in a vice my stomach was playing up, every single nerve in my body felt on fire. As I am walking up the road I'm praying I can just get through this moment. My hearing feels like everything is on loud and screeching sounds inner ear. From every angle it felt like pavements were coming up and the sky was coming down. To cross the road is a nightmare as when I hear traffic I don't know which way or where it is coming from. I've learnt over the years to be extra vigilant. I don't care how long I stand there until I am aware of what is going on. I hear people speaking laughing and it's all so loud in my head I wear earplugs. This is how a flare has always come on for me. They do go, it's horrible at the time as you think 'will this ever go, will I ever be normal again. When I was out I was walking slowly looking at nature thinking 'how I wish I could take the shopping home grab my bathers and towel and get a bus to the beach. Out of the question it's just not happening. Years ago when all of this started my family were my worst critics. They criticised me day in and day out. Not for 1 minute thinking 'who wants this type of life and help. This is why this site is crucial for people like us.
It will pass, be kind to yourself, take care of yourself maybe get your neck seen too. I can assure you, you are not crazy this is real pain the most awful pain. I hope you start feeling better very soon. You are in my prayers 🌸🪷🙏🏻💖🦋

June 22
A MyFibroTeam Member

Debra., your comments fill my soul. Your spirit and desire to change things is remarkable. The fact that you like to teach and educate others is purposeful. I recognize that similar quality. I often remember times when I would muffle "I need to find my purpose". The fact that you have defined yours is incredible ☯️☮️❤️

June 23

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Devon england

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Apache Junction, AZ

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In