Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
August 10, 2025
 · 
Reactions
MyFibroTeam

When choosing a lightweight folding electric wheelchair for fibromyalgia, here are key features to consider:

• Weight capacity and chair weight
• Battery life and charging time
• Seat comfort and cushioning
• Ease of folding/unfolding with limited strength
• Width for doorways and indoor use
• Wheel size and terrain Show Full Answer

When choosing a lightweight folding electric wheelchair for fibromyalgia, here are key features to consider:

• Weight capacity and chair weight
• Battery life and charging time
• Seat comfort and cushioning
• Ease of folding/unfolding with limited strength
• Width for doorways and indoor use
• Wheel size and terrain handling
• Adjustable armrests and footrests
• Transportation friendliness
• Warranty and customer support

It's recommended to test different models if possible and consult with an occupational therapist who can assess specific needs related to fibromyalgia symptoms. Many MyFibroTeam members have shared that working with a medical equipment supplier can be helpful in finding the right wheelchair. They can demonstrate features and help determine which model best suits individual mobility needs and physical limitations.

August 10, 2025
A MyFibroTeam Member

@A MyFibroTeam Member I have been looking for a light weight powerchair found one they just would not allow me to pay for a pick up courier. I am searching for light weight one for inside my house. But I do recommend them cheaper to us E.... Bay site who are still the same Ltd. So sorry i am trying not to advertise.

But we do need good word of mouth. What I found really good was the lighting. It not the best for comfort as it for short journeys. I found it great for managing shopping I had two full bags I took off the people out with me. Still a smooth runner. Josh was my sale assistant.

Anything you want to discuss always happy to help.

August 13, 2025 (edited)
A MyFibroTeam Member

Thanks for all the advice 😊

August 13, 2025
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hiya, thanks for reply. I Will have a look on this website. I’m glad you mentioned this site as someone I was talking to on holiday had their electric wheelchair from their. Good to know it’s an okay site 😊 I sold my scooter a couple of months ago as I found it cumbersome so thought would try a chair this time, still not sure though

August 13, 2025 (edited)
A MyFibroTeam Member

@A MyFibroTeam Member Also very important as I learnt through expierence. Try and buy light weight around 18 k or you may have problem travelling:

* Train
* Plane
* Public transport.

My old collegue who I was a social worker with searched for me. Just as well she did. Their is so much to think about. Mine has light on front and back. https://mobilitypluswheelchairs.co.uk/cdn/shop/...

Nexus I highly recommend folds like a pram ... Good Value for money.

August 13, 2025 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Grahamstown, ZA

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Orleans, LA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In