Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I have all these pain meds but can't use them at work I would be sleep walking they make me groggy so I stopped taking them so now I'm in flare mode in so is there a med out there that will help with the pain but not make tired

April 25, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hi YES! I just learned 2 months ago that Mucinex ER 600mg up to 4x day helps. You can do research and find the info by searching for Mucinex for Fibromyalgia. I take it as needed, somedays none and some days every 6 hours instead 1200mg at once twice a day. I was looking for something to help because I didn't want to increase the dose of my Butrans patch once again. I'm blown away that a cough expectorant helps.

April 26, 2023
A MyFibroTeam Member

I took my mucinex for years, but had to get off of it when it started causing severe chest pressure.

April 29, 2023
A MyFibroTeam Member

Sometimes I use Motrin or ibuprofen.

April 25, 2023
A MyFibroTeam Member

5 percent lidocaine patches down the length of the spine

June 8, 2023
A MyFibroTeam Member

You can try meftalforte

April 29, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Taylor, MI

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rusk, TX

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In