Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Christchurch, NZ

Hi Guys,

I have this happen to me often. My hubby tells me I twitch bigtime while I am sleeping.

February 2, 2019
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members connected over the question of uncontrollable twitching, with many describing muscle spasms, jerks, and fasciculations that occur... Read more

Members connected over the question of uncontrollable twitching, with many describing muscle spasms, jerks, and fasciculations that occur throughout the day and especially at night, sometimes waking them from sleep or preventing them from falling asleep at all. Several members shared practical strategies for managing nighttime twitching, including getting up to walk around, drinking calming tea like Sleepy Time Extra with Valerian, using muscle relaxers, and distracting the mind before attempting to return to bed. A recurring theme was the frustration and discomfort of constant twitching, the sensation of something crawling on the skin when nothing is there, and the reassurance that while spasms are a normal symptom of fibromyalgia, it is still wise to consult a doctor to rule out other conditions.

A MyFibroTeam Member

Yes it does I also seem to move around a lot at night as well.
Spasms are a normal symptom of Fibromyalgia but if you feel like you need to get them checked out by your Doctor do so to ease your mind that it's nothing else.

Because Fibromyalgia also can cover other symptoms of other health issues.

Blessings Healing Hugs

,πŸ’œβ­πŸ’œβ­πŸ’œβ­πŸ’œβ­πŸ’œ

February 2, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hello yes I am suffering a lot with these lately constant muscle twitches and fasticulations all over. Some can go on in the same place for weeks.

February 6, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

I am just finding out this is part of the f word. I have been fighting with stuttering and jerking for a while now but it has strated to get worse. Going to find a neurologist and get checked out.

February 5, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

Susan, Exactly! Plus, during the day and that a bug is crawling on me when there are none. That part is creepy enough but while we are at camp in the summer, it becomes Very unsettlingly. I have custody of three grands and even though bugs ARE creepy, I do not want them to become Buggaphobic! lol They understand way less than about fibro and the rest of my afflictions than I do.

February 4, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

Yes hate when I'm just about asleep and they keep me awake. Next thing I know I'm wide awake and up all night.

February 4, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Norwich, UK

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Liverpool, NY