Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I am waiting for my next appointment, however my Rheumatologist declined to treat me for fibro. So I see a general practitioner who specializes in women's health.

I have noticed I twitch more and more often. It is completely random and uncontrolled. It is more often when I am tired which I understand to be fairly normal, but this is still persistent, usually a few times every minute or so if I am remotely still to notice it.

May 9, 2017
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members openly shared their experiences with the frustrating and often relentless body twitching that comes with fibromyalgia, describing... Read more

Members openly shared their experiences with the frustrating and often relentless body twitching that comes with fibromyalgia, describing sensations ranging from small electric jolts and popcorn-like movements under the skin to violent, whiplash-inducing shaking. Several members found some relief through muscle relaxers or medications specifically prescribed for these involuntary movements, though many noted that doctors often say there is little that can be done and that the twitching worsens with fatigue or physical stress. A recurring theme was the sense of an overactive nervous system constantly irritating nerve fibers, with many members experiencing twitching most noticeably at night when trying to rest or relax.

A MyFibroTeam Member

Either popcorn or ripples. They're called fasciculations. You'd be shocked how many people are plagued by these. As always, mine are much worse on my left side (which is the side with more buzzing, pain and fatigue). No coordination problems but it feels like the nerves are aggravated or pinched. I have cervical and lumbar spine issues, so not surprising. Annoying though.

May 15, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

@A MyFibroTeam Member like ur analogy of popcorn under the skin - never knew quite how to explain what mine felt like.

May 15, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

Heavens yes! I've had multifocal twitching everywhere for 20 years. Feet, legs, arms, torso, neck, arms... you name it. I feel that many of us have an over-excited nervous system which causes constant irritation to nerve fibers. It's annoying I know.

May 9, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

Yes my arms at night when I am trying to sleep

May 18, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

@A MyFibroTeam Member, mine are not seizures. I have spent a week in a seizure clinic to be sure.

May 15, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sussex, United Kingdom

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Alamogordo, NM

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wagon Mound, NM

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In