Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Denver, CO

Does anyone have something they can wear around their lower back that helps with pain when walking? I need something to keep my posture straight; so I remember to suck in my stomach and I'm not putting pressure on my lower back.
I had to shovel a small amount of snow the other night. By morning the pain in my lower back was so bad I couldn't get out of bed.

January 4, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyFibroTeam Member

I have had 7 spinal surgeries since 1993.1 was in my neck but the others were on my low back. I found an undergarment/panty made by the same company that makes Genie Bras. This panty comes up over your ribcage and pulls your abdominals in and leaves things smooth but flexible and protected in front and back and on both sides. 360°! I have had mine for 2 years and washed and dried like they suggest and my 6 pairs still look new. They are awesome. They are usually running some kind of sale like buy1 get 2 Free. They make your clothes look so much better.

January 5, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

I've just ordered a back brace which apparently helps with low back pain and keeping posture. I also have a large ab seperation so supposed help with any rib pain caused by this. Worth a try

January 7, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

I have scoliosis so if I don't make sure I stand straight I end up in pain, I try avoid anything which makes me bend or carry anything as I don't have any brace.

January 6, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

Kim, I just ordered their special! This is exactly what I want for walking! Thank you so much!

January 5, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

Thank you, Lisa. I am seeing my doctor the end of this month. Is your brace flexible?

January 4, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
St Helens, UK

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Apple Valley, MN

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Huddersfield, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In