Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Derby, UK

Ive always suffered with early morning stiffness in knees hips anf back but since this hotter weather here in the uk, ive been getting it all day in knees and lower thighs weather im walking or sitting sometimes accompanied with swelling just above the knee! Im due to celebrate my husband and I's 25th Wedding Anniversary in Italy with some sightseeing so im getting worried about how i will copeπŸ˜• I was thinking of buying a collapsible walking stick as a back up! Any thoughts? Xx

June 30, 2018
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members rallied around someone worried about knee and thigh stiffness affecting their upcoming 25th anniversary trip to Italy, with the... Read more

Members rallied around someone worried about knee and thigh stiffness affecting their upcoming 25th anniversary trip to Italy, with the overwhelming consensus being that investing in a collapsible walking stick or cane is a smart, practical choice for managing unpredictable symptoms while traveling. Several members shared strategies that have helped them cope with similar swelling and pain, including using ice and elevation, wearing supportive lightweight shoes, requesting cortisone injections before travel, and speaking with a doctor about the swelling to rule out other causes beyond fibromyalgia. A recurring theme was the importance of preparing your body before the trip, not letting shame stop you from using mobility aids, and giving yourself permission to pace activities so you can truly enjoy special moments without overextending yourself.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I have the same problems. I have used either a cane or quad-cane then I started using a walker. If I go to the store I have to use a electric chair. Because My legs hurt and I have a bad habit of falling. If your legs hurt get some help.

July 1, 2018
A MyFibroTeam Member

I use a crutch when I'm not in the wheelchair as I also have me I think with the crutch its better than a stick as it gives some support and gives you something to lean on xx

July 1, 2018
A MyFibroTeam Member

Yes I would and have as they are very handy. Hope you have a fab time in Italy and a lovely silver wedding anniversary x take care πŸ’œ

June 30, 2018
A MyFibroTeam Member

I would definitely buy one. Even if you don't use it everyday, it's great to have on hand for your bad days.
My fibro clinic said it is a good option to start with before relying on a walker.
Go for it. πŸ‘πŸ’œ

June 30, 2018
A MyFibroTeam Member

Buy one! And speak with your medical professional about the swelling, if you can.

June 30, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Liverpool, NY

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Thunder Bay, ON

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In