Saw my doctor yestarday and went on medical leave for at least 3 months to get me through the winter and then "We'll reavaluate". He wants to put my disability through again (denied the first time) so fingers crossed. He also put me on cymbalta and another med that I guess makes cymbalta more potent. ( I've read bad things about it but he basically said it's a last stitch effort and he's just swinging for the fence and hoping something helps.)
Answer Summary
Members shared mixed experiences with Cymbalta for fibromyalgia and chronic pain, with many finding significant relief at doses ranging from... Read more
It definitely makes you gain weight. My osteoarthritis has gotten worse in my knees from the weight gain but my fibromyalgia pain is reduced.
It at times has been the only pain med I have been on besides my Gabapentin
I have been on Cymbalta for years. ..it is an antidepressant that has pain reliever properties....it has never caused me or anyone i have known on it to gain weight
I take Cymbalta as well along with other medication. It does make a positive difference for me.
I have done both. Sent on long term sick leave by work 4 and a half years ago as they had no work gor me due to doctor's medical restrictions and take Cymbalta 30mg x1 daily at bedtime. Weight gain is 👎💩
Thinking of talking to gp to getit off the stuff as weight gain doesn't seem to be stopping. So frusteated with this side effect.