Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK

Has anyone tried Duloxetine ? Doctor had prescribed me these i pick them up moro ?
For pain , mood. help me sleep!

September 18, 2017
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared mixed experiences with duloxetine for fibromyalgia pain, mood, and sleep, with some finding it helpful while others struggled... Read more

Members shared mixed experiences with duloxetine for fibromyalgia pain, mood, and sleep, with some finding it helpful while others struggled with significant side effects like sweating, nausea, weight changes, and difficulty weaning off the medication. Several members emphasized that lyrica seemed more effective for pain than duloxetine alone, and one member described feeling emotionally flat and unmotivated after just ten days on the medication. A recurring theme was that fibromyalgia treatment is highly individual, requiring patience during the trial period and careful tracking of side effects, with members encouraging each other to advocate for what works best for their own bodies.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I am on duloxetine and lyrica. I think lyrica helps with the pain more than the duloxetine does. I also think I was better off with Prozac and amitriptylene I was on before but now I am on these two meds that are very difficult to wean off of. My main side effects have been sweating, occasional nausea and weight gain. I have lost some of the weight I gained but it has been really hard.

September 18, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hi hun. I.m on these and I.m not happy with them. I.m trying to come off them but it has too be cut gradually. They are really addictive. I.ve had loads of side effects. The main one being I.am constantly sweating. I have to have anti sickness tablets as well. But everyone is different hun some will say they've had no problem at all. You need to try them out XXX

September 18, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

I will tell ya that Fibromyalgia itself causes sleeplessness, there are times that I only get about 4 hours of sleep, there has been times that I hadn’t slept at all. So really have to try to keep track of any new meds to take and when you started taking them and if they have caused any side effects. But then again I have a lot of medical issues that can cause me not to sleep, but I have made it a habit of writing down any new meds, the start date and if any adverse effects. Good Luck, hope all works out in the long run.

September 20, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

@A MyFibroTeam Member hope doesnt enhighting my depression already very low at the moment.... Took my first tonight knocked me out for 3 hrs now im wide awake , sevie heartburn ,😒 and wind πŸ˜·πŸ˜‚ side effects lets hope it settles soon

September 19, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

I tried it for just 10 days and it helped with pain - that was glorious! But it made me so depressed. Not like unhappy, just FLAT. My daughter came home one day and I was still sitting in the same spot as when she went to work in the morning. I never got up to pee or eat, never even turned on the TV. I don't know if I ever thought about anything, I just didn't care enough to get up and "live". When I read up on the side effects I decided it wasn't for me especially learning about the issues with going off it when it's long-term.
Like Michelle84 said above, we're all different and as my doctor said, it's an experiment, they prescribe and we try it out!

September 19, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
53220

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
South Africa Cape Town

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In