Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bayside, NS

Does anyone get cold feet? I mean really, freezing feet and it goes up your legs and you can't get them warm. I've tried soaking them in hot water and showers but they only stay warm while I doing that. My feet have always been cold but they are worse now and I can't warm them up not even in the summer.

January 18, 2017
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members overwhelmingly related to the struggle of chronically cold feet that resist warming, with many experiencing the same sensation of... Read more

Members overwhelmingly related to the struggle of chronically cold feet that resist warming, with many experiencing the same sensation of coldness traveling up the legs and causing painful cramping. Several members shared practical strategies that have helped them cope, including layering multiple pairs of thick slipper socks, using electric throws and heating pads both at home and in the car, wearing socks or thermal booties to bed, microwaveable heat packs tucked into socks, and wrapping feet in heated towels from the dryer. A recurring theme was the potential link to thyroid issues, poor circulation, Raynaud's disease, or diabetic neuropathy, with some finding relief after starting thyroid medication while others saw no improvement, underscoring the importance of exploring underlying causes with a doctor while continuing to layer warmth and movement strategies.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I do! Thick socks, even to bed

January 23, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

I know how you are feeling my feet get very cold and hard to warm up.... I was told to wear socks with house slippers and a warm hat on my head .... I know it sounds weird but it does work... I told doc about the cold feet and what was going on and he said it sounded like I was loosing body temp and that the best way to keep it was the socks house slipper and the hat then lay down sit down with a blanket and you will see how last your feet will warm up.... I tried it an it does work good luck hope it works for you

February 3, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

cold feet, hand and nose ... I'm with you

January 23, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

I have an electric throw that helps a lot. I have an electric blanket on my bed and even one in my car for long trips! They work very well for me.

January 19, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

I have looked up Raynauds and suspect I have it as well. I find a good warm (not crazy hot) bath always does the trick and it does carry over for me until the next time.

January 18, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Denton, TX

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Easton, PA

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Smyrna Beach, FL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In