Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Pontefract, UK

Diagnosed FMS earlier this year, (after a LONG time of feeling ill) Back then my prominent symptom was pain since then I have been told I have 1)Sciatica and 2)multiple herniated discs in my spine,3)low vit D.

However the fatigue I have has never gone no matter what, no sleep, some sleep, even after a rare full night of sleep. I still feel the same, and god forbid I clean the house that puts me in bed for days afterwards!

So wondering if anyone has been diagnosed as having both? If so how do… read more

November 8, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyFibroTeam Member

I think most people have both. I have both. I think the Fibro causes fatigue from the pain. I take Nuvigil for the fatigue and it does help some but often I have to force myself to get up and do something.

November 8, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

I was diagnosed with CFS first by my GP. I wasn't in pain when it first started. Mine started with fatigue, weakness, confusion, memory loss, n cognitive problems. Dr did loads of blood work found out I had Epstein-Barr n diagnosed me with CFS. Started feeling pain about 6-8 mos later GP sent me to a rheumatologist who diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. I've seen a couple of drs that didnt believe in CFS but that was 16yrs ago dont know if they believe yet

November 9, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hi, I was diagnosed in July this year as having both, the fatigue is the worst thing in the world, I get bouts of being hypo for a couple of weeks them it's like I hit a brick wall at any given point and my body just shuts down, x

November 8, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Yes, both beingtired is the worst, pain, irrabilaty , anxiety..

November 8, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Same here. I wake up feeling good. I do some cleaning and either run out of energy that day or pay for it the next few days

November 8, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cape Coral, FL

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Nottingham, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In