Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Palm Bay, FL

I friend of mine told me that her friend was told by her doctor to take Omega 3. Three time a day to treat nerve pain.

September 13, 2016
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members discussed whether omega-3 supplements can help with nerve pain, with several sharing that omega-3 reduces inflammation and may... Read more

Members discussed whether omega-3 supplements can help with nerve pain, with several sharing that omega-3 reduces inflammation and may indirectly ease pain, though one member noted it can thin the blood and cause side effects like migraines. Many community members emphasized the importance of talking to a doctor before starting omega-3, especially for those already on blood thinners, and suggested checking vitamin B12 and D levels since deficiencies are common in people with fibromyalgia. A recurring theme was the value of starting one new supplement at a time to avoid confusion and the importance of sleep, pacing yourself, and having supportive partners who understand chronic illness.

A MyFibroTeam Member

@A MyFibroTeam Member As far as I know, Omega 3 reduces inflammation so I guess in a round about way it could reduce nerve pain. Here's some info on it...

https://nccih.nih.gov/health/omega3/introductio...

I personally take Krill oil. It's also an Omega 3. For more info on Krill oil, look here...

https://examine.com/supplements/krill-oil/

September 13, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

This is my second husband too. I guess when I almost died in 2013 he seen what I went through. That made him watch out for me more. Then a year ago I got fibro he look up all the things that had to do with Fibro. He still looks up stuff now. My older sister has Fibro. She not as bad as me. My sister, My doctor and I think we have it cause someone in our family had it passed it on. Then I got sick 2013 made my Fibro worse. I sorry your husband doesn't seem to ask you or even try to know how you feel. I will say a prayer for him. Lots of soft hugs and prayers for you.ooooooooooo

September 18, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

When you look for a mattress get one with a European pillow on top. They are expensive. I look at it this way. We spend most of our lives sleeping so why not be comfortable. Our body needs the rest. As soon as you can get one. Have you talked to him about reading some information on Fibro. Or have you try to give him information on it. My husband keeps reading information on Fibro. soft hugs oooooooo

September 18, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

@A MyFibroTeam Member I worked with someone who's husband had that surgery. Get this...she made him get it because she didn't want him to wear the machine! LOL Anyway, the surgery worked at first but she said he needs it again. She feels it's because he gained weight. I know absolutely nothing about that surgery, so I have no idea! I guess you need one of those beds they advertise on TV! If he snores, you push a button on a remote and his head raises so he stops snoring!! LOL Technology these days just blow my mind!! My bed is very UNcomfortable for both me and my husband! I sleep in a recliner and my husband sleeps on the couch. At least we're in the same room! LOL Ever since I hurt my shoulder years ago, I only lay on my back to sleep. It's still uncomfortable to sleep on either side and I've never been a stomach sleeper. My husband used to say I looked dead! LOL I'd have my hands folded on my stomach. LOL When I stayed at my daughters, it use to freak her out too! LOL One day I guess we'll have to get a new mattress but it's going to end up being an expensive one, I'm afraid. I'll have one of those remotes!! LOL

You sound like me, I don't like leaving a job half done! I haven't learned to pace myself either. If I feel good, I want to get things done I can't do on the days I don't feel good! If I just sit and relax on those days, I feel lazy. But after those good days, I usually pay the price. I honestly don't know if I CAN pace myself!

I'm glad your husband is understanding and supportive. I'm not sure if my hubby gets it yet. πŸ™ Hugs! πŸ’œ

September 17, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

@A MyFibroTeam Member That's why I try not to start more than one new medication a month unless it's prescribed by my doctor. It gets very confusing when we're on so much medication!!!

@A MyFibroTeam Member Good note!! Yes, it does thin the blood. People on blood thinners need to talk to their doctors before taking it especially if they already take a blood thinner!!

September 14, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
New Jersey, NJ

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Chorley, UK

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Ellesmere Port, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In