Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Taylor, MI

So I was diagnosed last month with ebv/cmv, fms, CFS. What is the strangest symptom you have found thus far? Just want to no what's ahead....

September 6, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members shared a wide range of unusual symptoms following a newly diagnosed member's question about what to expect with EBV, CMV,... Read more

Members shared a wide range of unusual symptoms following a newly diagnosed member's question about what to expect with EBV, CMV, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Several members described sensations like burning spots on the skin, numbness or tingling on one side of the body, feeling bugs crawling under the skin, difficulty breathing, facial pain, and trouble regulating body temperature with excessive sweating even in cold weather. A recurring theme was the unpredictable and often frightening nature of these symptoms, with practical tips emerging like taking turmeric daily to help with burning sensations.

A MyFibroTeam Member

Parasthesias, the burning of your skin in a single location, but not around it, like on a hand sized spot on the forearm. Bad sunburn in one spot. Huh.

September 6, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

crawling over my skin yes I do and i'm always hot

September 6, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Interesting...my fingernails and toenails curve downward. I have to keep them short.

September 6, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Tumeric helps with that burning sensation btw. One a day, capsules you get in vitamin aisles about 750-1000mg. Taken daily it disappears.

September 11, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

My body can't regulate temperature at all. I sweat all the time n in winter I'm freezing but still sweating. Also the scariest is when it all started my whole left side went tingling numb I thought I had a stroke. Thank goodness I didn't. Best of luck 💜

September 6, 2016

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In