Evidently after being off work due to doctor excuse or work limitations/restrictions which your work cannot accommodate , They can change their definition of your disability and force you to seek another job that can accommodate your limitations & restrictions
This would mean a loss of my job, Loss in disability pay, Loss of insurance that is taken directly out of my check, Loss of 401k loan payments where they will demand payment in full and with no income
I am still at the Hearing stage for⦠read more
Answer Summary
Members rallied around someone facing a potential change in their employer disability definition after two years, which could force them to... Read more
Presently I'm on long term disability through my employer. As I understand it, the first 2 years your job is securedshould you return to work before 2 yrs are up. After that then disability definition is changed. They still have to offer you a if job that you are qualified to do and within your limitations and same rate of pay. I'm not sure if all LTD is done like this, but that is how it was explained to me from my long term disability supplier. I actually just had to fill out new forms regarding my limitations and explain my day routine etc. I also had to add an up to date resume.
Has anyone in Ontario had to do this and the outcome?
I work for General Mills They along with their 3rd Party Disability Handler Sedgwick placed me on medical leave.
I have been to 5 specialists who all said the recommended surgery will not help and may cause more complications.
Sedgwick set me up with Allsup, a Client Representative for Social Security Disability.
I am at the Hearing stage however that is no guarantee it will be approved.
I'm almost to the point of actually applying to jobs and see if they would hire me with my limitations and restrictions.
No bending stooping overhead reaching No sitting longer than 20 minutes No standing longer than 20 minutes No walking more than 200ft without resting.
Then there are my foggy days that I can't comprehend simple tasks along with my days of not being able to wake up.
MicheleSwintThompson you are correct about Sedgwick they are a very sneaky and conniving group of people during some point I just stop even talking to them. I had not even thought about suing American Express until in the middle of my medical treatment Sedgwick Company stop paying for my medical bills and delayed authorizing simple test such as MRI'S. I worked 12 hour shifts in straight pain on and off ,hurting so bad at the end of my shifts I barely could walk to my car. I sat at work with ice packs on my body, standing every 20 to 30 minutes, having authorized chair per doctors etc. I settled after two years and I got more than what the mega lawyer in attorney first told me I would get but I wouldn't settle . I had a great attorney Pamela Foster but let me tell you the mega attorney I had before her misled me and I believed worked with Sedgwick and American Express so research and document. Go to the dollar store get you to dollar calendar books write appointments in one and notes in the other this will help you and if you need sticky notes use them.
I ve been trying to get my disability since 2012. Mine is being reviewed by the Appeals court.
I hear all of you! Why do these company's make it so diffcult???i"ll keep you guys in prayer!πππ»πΈ