Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Swindon, UK

I've found that taking Cats Claw and Devil's Claw helps my pain levels and I can cut my morphine in half.

I've got ordered some magnesium tablets as I've heard they help Fibro. Is there anything else that you've found works? I know some things work for some and not others but I'm trying to find anything that helps settle things so I'll try anything!!

Thanks x

February 22, 2016
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared a variety of alternative therapies they use to manage fibromyalgia pain, with the most frequently mentioned being turmeric or... Read more

Members shared a variety of alternative therapies they use to manage fibromyalgia pain, with the most frequently mentioned being turmeric or curcumin supplements, Epsom salt baths, magnesium and vitamin D/B supplements, and heat therapy including saunas and warm baths. Several members emphasized the importance of researching quality brands and being cautious with dosages, noting that high doses of magnesium can cause painful muscle spasms and that some therapies like massage may not work on high-pain days when even light touch feels unbearable. A recurring theme was the willingness to experiment with different approaches since what works varies from person to person, with members offering encouragement and practical resources like the book Medical Medium and mentioning a Mayo Clinic study on guaifenesin for fibromyalgia relief.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I like epsom salt baths. If you look up the book medical medium but Anthony William there's a section of fibro with a whole bunch of alternatives. One of which is cats claw so that's definitely a good one.

February 22, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

I had been going to a gym to use their sauna for about a year, and we recently got a small dry sauna for the house. I love it. My muscles and pain are so relieved by heat, that the sauna allows me some pain free time every day. The effects last for quite some time after the sauna as well. Because I can control the temperature, I don't have to sweat every time, but can warm up and do some stretching while in the sauna. It is the best thing I have found so far. I got mine from Saunaray.com. If you are thinking of a sauna, be careful what it is made of as you will be heating up all that material when it is turned on.

February 22, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

@A MyFibroTeam Member how do you take it? Heard good things about turmeric but not sure how to take it! Heard of all sorts of drinks but does it come in tablet form?

@A MyFibroTeam Member will have a look and see if I can get them. Like I said I'll try anything!!!!

Thanks all!

February 22, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Mayo clinic had a study about guifenesen helping with fibro. It's easy to take a regular mucinex. I've taken the past few days but haven't noticed any difference yet. I'd like to find some homeopathic things to do and take. I thought about massages too but some days muscles hurt too bad.

February 22, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Magnesium on high doses can cause really painful muscle spasms. Vitamin d & b. Work well

February 22, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chippenham, UK

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lowestoft, UK

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Dover, NJ

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In