Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
East Elmhurst, NY

Has anyone else burnt or cut themselves without feeling a thing? It's happening to me more and more maybe I need to pay attention more

January 19, 2016
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared experiences of losing sensation in their skin, describing incidents like cutting or burning themselves without feeling pain,... Read more

Members shared experiences of losing sensation in their skin, describing incidents like cutting or burning themselves without feeling pain, finding unexplained injuries, and experiencing severe numbness in hands and feet that disrupts daily activities and sleep. Several members suggested this could be peripheral neuropathy, a nerve dysfunction sometimes seen in fibromyalgia patients or those with diabetes, and strongly encouraged seeking medical evaluation since unnoticed injuries can become dangerous. A recurring theme was both relief at finding others with the same frightening symptom and concern about the progressive nature of numbness, with one member offering a practical tip of using ice packs on wrists and hands for no more than five minutes per hour to reduce inflammation and restore feeling.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I've had this problem. Worked in a grocery store. Cut my finger while wearing gloves. Didin't cut the glove. Glove was full of blood and I didn't know I'd cut myself. Another time I'd been burning trash/tree branches and burnt my hand on one of the branches when I threw it on the pile. Didn't know I'd burnt my hand until the next day when I noticed what I thought was a rash. Can't feel bugs crawling on my arms or legs eigher. But have the sensation of them crawling when they are not there. Crazy body!

January 19, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Half of my back is completely numb to touch and I don't know why

January 20, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Tip; Ice packs on the wrists and hands (no more than 5 minutes per hour) It helped to reduce inflammation in my hands and speeds up the return of feeling in my fingers.

January 20, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Not feeling any pain sounds like neuropathy, are you by chance a diabetic? Neuropathy is often seen in diabetics but people with other ailments can have it too. It can be dangerous because not feeling any pain when you get hurt can lead to injuries that are not attended to as you don't even know you hurt yourself. I would talk to your doctor and get some tests done.

January 19, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Wow really? thanks everyone for the info...I never would have known hmmmm now that I think of it...I have found cuts or bruises and don't remember how I got them..or is that not really the same. no numbness. Wow the more I learn about fibro the more I pray for a cure to come.. I am almost tending to agree with DavidM maybe its another type of nerve disfunction...well I hope some one comes up with some answers soon! Take care all

January 19, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Dover, UK

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fort Pierce, FL