Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wednesbury, UK
December 1, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members shared mixed experiences with pregabalin (also called Lyrica), with many describing it as helpful for taking the edge off pain,... Read more

Members shared mixed experiences with pregabalin (also called Lyrica), with many describing it as helpful for taking the edge off pain, especially when combined with other medications like amitriptyline or tramadol, though several noted that effectiveness can diminish over time or require dosage adjustments. Several members mentioned side effects including dizziness, thirst, headaches, weight gain, and difficult withdrawal symptoms like brain zaps when tapering off, while others found relief from unexpected symptoms like ear whooshing sounds. A recurring theme was the highly individual nature of pain management, with members encouraging each other to keep trying different medications and dosages until finding the right combination, emphasizing that what works for one person may not work for another.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I'm in 30ml of amatryptaline too I've found it great

December 4, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hi once you get your dose right you will get some pain relieve Big hugs

December 8, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I find the opposite actually :') of I take them about 20 mins before bed they work more for me

December 6, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Amitriptyline helps me to get some sleep I take 50mg.

December 4, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I use pregabalin and a small dosage of amytriptaine and it's the best I've found so far x

December 4, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Calgary, AB

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Tampa, FL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In