Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wheeling, WV

I read somewhere that taking mucinex can help fibro?

October 25, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyFibroTeam Member

http://melissacongdonmd.com/guaifenesin/

October 26, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Is that for chest congestion, isn't it dangerous to take if you aren't congested?

October 25, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

You can get guaifenesin as mucinex over the counter

October 25, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I watch the YouTube documentary on the study. I don't think the results are conclusive yet but the people in the video seem to think it helps. I started taking mucinex at night about 1 month ago. I like that it thins my secretions so I don't cough all night. I've been taking so many supplements that o can't tel which one is helping but I do know that I'm feeling great since this flare started over 2 months ago. My last problem is my neck pain and tingling to left hand fingertips. I walk every day and go to PT. I think the guaifenesin helps make pain medicine work better.

October 25, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Is the guefessioñ prescription or over the counter?

October 25, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ofallon, MO

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Spokane, WA

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Boston, MA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In