Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Spokane, WA

For trying Mucinex OTC, how would the dosage run to start with?

October 14, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyFibroTeam Member

I just remembered that about 15 years ago one of the anesthesiologist at my hospital heard that guifenusen would make pain medicine be more effective. She had us waking up post operative patients every 4 hours to take Tylenol and robitussen to control pain. Ever try waking up a kid at midnight and 4 am to take medicine? It was painful for them and us nurses. I don't know the outcome of that study. I think the theory behind Dr Amand/Dr Cogdon it that FM patients don't excrete the same amount of phosphates as normal people and taking guifenusen increases the excretion. Saw YouTube video on this. I'd love to hear if anyone is in the study. For me I hadn't made that much a difference on pain but helps my post nasal drip and asthma cough.

October 14, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Thanks. Will research a little and report back

October 14, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I bought the 1200mg extended release on sale a Costco Wholesale. I thing the study being done on taking guifenusen to reduce pain starts at a smaller does but I can't find what it is. Is anyone on the study? I remember someone saying that Dr Amand or Dr Melissa Cogdon was their physician.

October 14, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ofallon, MO

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wheeling, WV

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Boston, MA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In