Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ladysmith, WI

Ok so dose anyone get tired just getting out of bed? And I mean so tired you can't keep your eyes open? But then when you lay back down you are to uncomfortable you can't sleep?

October 12, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyFibroTeam Member

There are days where I cannot stay awake no matter what I try I have poured more cups of hot coffee or tea's on me because my fatigue makes me so sleepy even sitting up I will fall asleep and wear the coffee. I try to fight through it all day but I have to give in and lie down. I can't sleep at night even with sleeping aids the pain is so bad I cannot find a way to get comfortable enough to fall asleep last night I tossed until 3am

October 13, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I think everyone that had fibro has a hard time getting out of bed. Once your up you have got to get your joints moving to get rid of the severe pain. I go to gym and ride a bike in morning. I went to a sleep clinic and found out I was only getting two hours sleep. I now am on an anxiety med during the day and zolprien at night and sleep like a baby.

October 13, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I would say that is my worse problem. I wake up not feeling refreshed. I do take medication to sleep. I usually fall asleep okay, but wake up all night. I have trouble keeping my eyes open sometimes during the day. Fatigue is my enemy.

October 13, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Many times I have said night I suffer from insomnia and therefore laying in bed just wanting to fall sleep but I'm so uncomfortable or can't stop my mind and can't fall sleep. And as of being hit with tired after a activity or a day where I'm going along soon as I sit down it's like I can't get back up because I don't have the energy! Hope this helps!

October 12, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Me too. Susan. I feel it takes all my energy just to walk to the bathroom. Taking a shower is really hard and leaves me fatigued enough I need a nap. I have gained 80 lbs since my diagnosis in 2002 simply because I can't move!

October 13, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
London, KY

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In