Ive been chronically ill since age 15. I suffed painful periods and later in the yrs, painful sex cause of endometriosis. I had many minor exploratory surgeries and ones to clear the endometriosis away but it kept coming back and eventually took over my female organs. At age 26, I had enough and had my hysterectomy. After that tragic event, came on my fibro and CFS. The fact that the chronic pain and then the needed hysterectomy as well as the getting fibro and experiencing pain all over… read more
Many of us here have turned to faith to help us get through the difficult days that we all have when living with a chronic condition. @A MyFibroTeam Member based on what you’ve mentioned, it sounds like you’ve been through a lot, and when we experience that much pain, both physically and mentally, it’s difficult to believe in anything anymore. When our mind focuses on only the things we perceive as negative, those things become amplified and end up being all that we feel. It sounds like you have people, and animals, who love you and support you. Focusing on those things that are truly good about your life can help you move in a direction towards greater peace and acceptance of what has happened. Hopefully at some point you might be able to turn back to your faith as a way of providing you with some comfort. You are in a community here of people who have all experienced a great deal of physical, mental and emotional anguish over their health issues. We are here to offer support and encouragement whenever we can. 💕
Also I believe we live in a fallen world. This is not the world God created. It is the world mankind created.
God did not make my Dad an alcoholic which created years of childhood trauma which I firmly believe led to the fibromyalgia. The decisions we make in our lives affect all of humanity. We are all connected.
@A MyFibroTeam Member I don’t believe this was meant to be a debate over what religion each of us is. I respect your right to believe what you choose. It was more a discussion about losing faith in the presence of all of this pain and misfortune. I don’t believe that anyone is saying that God wants us to suffer. He doesn’t want us to suffer, but sometimes suffering just is. We live in an imperfect world where our lives are not always comfortable or fair. Most of us are very fortunate in that we live in countries where freedom of religion is allowed and we can express how we feel. Thank you for expressing your beliefs and many blessings to you.
@A MyFibroTeam Member
Thank you for your message.
I agree with you. There is a new book about Padre Pio’s life which explains the concept of suffering and the meaning of suffering in it besides telling his life story.
The concept of suffering is very complicated.
@A MyFibroTeam Member you are exactly right. Our world is broken. God doesn’t cause us to suffer. His plan isn’t always something we understand, but I firmly believe there is a plan.
@A MyFibroTeam Member I feel the same way. I find that prayer and turning to God can often help me through many of the toughest times. Faith is a difficult concept for many. Faith allows us to be stronger and move forward even if we don’t always understand why or what the plan is for us. I listen to a Bible in a Year podcast that has become a part of my daily routine. Understanding the Bible helps me understand that we are in a world that doesn’t always make sense, and God has given us free will to do our best with what we have been handed. In my profession, I have become a very vocal advocate for others who experience chronic pain and debilitating fatigue. Without my fibromyalgia, I would definitely not be as aware of those experiencing these conditions. We don’t always know what God’s plan is for us, but there is a plan. He gives us free rein to learn from what we are experiencing, grow from these experiences and perhaps help others who are struggling.