Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ontario, Canada

I just woke up and the second I opened my eyes I just felt like I've had enough of all this. Even though I don't remember what it feels like to physically not have all these symptoms, I do remember what it feels like to not feel so fed up, to wake up and just go about my day not thinking about my body practically every few seconds. It seems like that was forever ago, or maybe it was just a dream, or it was in a movie that I saw.

March 4
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members connected deeply over the question of whether anyone remembers what normal feels like, with many sharing that it has been years or... Read more

Members connected deeply over the question of whether anyone remembers what normal feels like, with many sharing that it has been years or even decades since they felt physically comfortable, and some realizing their symptoms may have started as far back as childhood or their teens. Several members described practical strategies that help them cope, including hot showers and Epsom salt baths, Tylenol and CBD for pain management, infrared heating pads, ear cleaning for tinnitus relief, and working with therapists to mourn their former selves while finding appreciation in who they are now. A recurring theme was the grief of losing spontaneity and physical freedom, the isolation that comes from being unable to keep up with friends or plan ahead, and the quiet strength it takes to wake up each day and keep going despite constant discomfort and fatigue.

A MyFibroTeam Member

At least 30 years. 🥹

March 18
A MyFibroTeam Member

@A MyFibroTeam Member I am sorry you feel sick all the time. I guess I do too. It's just a matter of degrees. Some days are a lot better, but still not the same as pre-fibro. That's when I have to try not to get stuck in the black hole thinking about it. Thinking about what the future might bring. Just a few short months ago, I couldn't have imagined where I am now.

March 17
A MyFibroTeam Member

I am 54 years old and this has been the biggest challenge of my life. I have battled depression since like forever so being tired is not new to me. But the fatigue I get now hits me like a ton of bricks. In 2019ish I started having back pain, probably because I was a caregiver to my mom. Lots of heavy lifting and bending. Diagnosed with lumbar spondylosis. That’s when I I really started to realize I wasn’t healthy anymore. Now I am just hanging on by a thread lately. Working full time with accommodations thank goodness. But I feel sick all day long.

March 17
A MyFibroTeam Member

It's been 13 years now. I remember the way I was with the kids. Playing about and running around. Doing chores around the house and not having to worry what the next day is going to be like. Being able to choose to relax and not have to relax having no choice anymore. Being care free and now having to care about every single move you make in case it causes a flare up.
It's madness. It really is sad and isolating from friends. I don't have friends anymore because I can't do what they do. Can't just plan a date to go somewhere or anything. It's life altering and not for the better or the weak. Everyone on here is so strong no matter what you think. You get up deal with it, maybe have a gripe or a moan but who doesn't, I do it all the time. But you still carry on and keep smiling 🙂

March 17
A MyFibroTeam Member

Almost 17 years ago I passed out face first into our bathtub because of horrendous food poisoning. It really busted me up. Within about 2 months my life changed. I was diagnosed with fibro CFS/ME and spent 2 years fighting a continuous flare. By the end of the flare my memory of how I was before fibro was fading fast. Today my normal is constant flares, migraines and coping with my mental health challenges that worsened with the onset of fibro. I am now on disability. Thanks to my great therapist and psychiatrist I have been able to mourn the old me and appreciate the good in the new me.

March 17

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Saint Peters, MO

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Belgrade, MT

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mission, TX

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In