My anxiety started to peak much higher after my diagnosis, which we all know is a huge part of having fibro unfortunately. What are some remedies ya'll have tried that have been effective, aside from anti-anxiety meds prescribed by your doctor. I want to get back to being more independent despite having fibro and be able to drive again and things like that, but the prescription medication route is not the route I want to take. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Answer Summary
Members offered a variety of natural approaches to managing anxiety related to fibromyalgia, with exercise emerging as a top recommendation... Read more
Light exercise, yoga and meditation. I do some deep breathing exercises during panic attacks.
There are some essential oils that help. I used to use one called "peace and calming" from Young Living. Takes about 20 minutes to work. Also there are some herbal remedies that contain ashwagandha by itself or ashwagandha in a blend with other herbs. Some people get relief from l-thiamine which is an amino acid.
I use cbd, rescue remedy and white chesnut bach flowers. Plus listen to meditations and healing frequencies all on youtube.
Ashwaganda is very hard on the liver…be careful. When feeling anxious,and anticipating a panic attack, don’t try to stop it, ask yourself what’s the worst thing that could happen. That helps me.
Wow, That's interesting about the carnivore diet. I don't think I could just live on meat unless we were in a starving situation of course and couldn't obtain fresh vegetables. Everybody's different.