Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

They are generally like an 8-9 on the pain scale and can last 4-5 maybe up to 10 seconds. I have had these occasionally throughout life, but they are becoming a daily thing. It's really weird because it seems like somone just stabbed you and then it's gone.

June 30, 2025 (edited)
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Many community members recognized the random stabbing pains described in the post, confirming they experience them too, often in unexpected... Read more

Many community members recognized the random stabbing pains described in the post, confirming they experience them too, often in unexpected places like the head, groin, hands, and feet. Several members noted the pains are startling and hard to hide in public, with one member humorously comparing the feeling to being a voodoo doll. A recurring theme was that heat, humidity, and conditions like fibromyalgia or diabetic neuropathy may play a role, with one member advising others to enjoy calming activities and pace themselves to avoid flare-ups.

A MyFibroTeam Member

These symptoms I have also, stabbing feelings, sore feet, but mostly my hands and neck of late. The summer heat may contribute to it. It is 41 degrees with humidity where I am now in Canada. This is a trigger for me to end up in the hospital with a flare-up if I am not careful. Enjoy, something that you like to do so as not to be a life of fibro only. I have been out in the garden. Take care .

July 6, 2025
A MyFibroTeam Member

I feel like someone’s voodoo doll 😲

July 3, 2025
A MyFibroTeam Member

I get them and they make me jump when they happen. They are very painful

July 1, 2025
A MyFibroTeam Member

Definitely! I try not to yell when they hurt and startle me at the same time in public.

June 30, 2025
A MyFibroTeam Member

Yes exactly! And it’s very painful? I get them in my head and my groin. I always wondered if it was the humidity or something .Another strange symptom of fibromyalgia.🦋

June 30, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Reading, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In