Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rugby Warwickshire

Anyone get cold and they have to put a winter hat on just to keep warm or grab hot bottle get right under bed covers . It's really hard to warm back up

October 31, 2024
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members deeply related to the experience of struggling to regulate body temperature with fibromyalgia, sharing stories of being perpetually... Read more

Members deeply related to the experience of struggling to regulate body temperature with fibromyalgia, sharing stories of being perpetually cold despite others finding rooms uncomfortably warm, using multiple hot water bottles year-round, and layering with blankets and heating pads even in summer. Several members described the frustrating cycle of swinging between freezing cold and sudden hot flashes, sometimes within minutes, making it nearly impossible to dress appropriately or feel comfortable. A recurring theme was recognizing temperature dysregulation as another challenging fibromyalgia symptom, with many noting that being cold often signals increased pain while warming up can provide relief.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I sit around my house with a heating pad or a heating blanket 365 days a year. I'm always cold for as long as I can remember.

November 2, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

Yes!!! I can't seem to control my body temperature anymore.

I used to run hot where I would be sweating when everyone else thought that it was cold.

Now I can't get warm. And then on top of being cold, I get cold flashes as well as hot flashes.

I used to live in tank tops and shorts year round. Now I'm in long pants and hoodie year round.

Not being able to control my own body's temperature is soooo annoying!

October 31, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

Our internal thermostat gets screwed up, I get cold in the summer sometimes…makes it hard to decide what to wear! And sometimes I get hot when no one else is. We have weird bodies!!!🤣

November 3, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

I am freezing most of the time prickly cold 🥶 then I’m over heatedly hot 🥵 I feel so sick 🤢

November 1, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

I don’t know what happens to me but I will stay under the covers while my air is on. My husband has tinnitus so he needs to have it on but it causes me to freeze and hurt. It sounds like you get really cold. Try to stay warm!!

November 7, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
New York, NY

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Halifax, NS