Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Halifax, NS

Ok so im still learning about how fibro effects my body and i have had this thing happen quite a few times now on my left hand, my pink finger goes like freezing cold and it seems out of no where. How ever i have had it happen after going for walks a few times or just walking around the grocery store. I normally have to warm it up with my other hand ir doesnt hurt at all its just really cold no colour change as well. Was wondering if anyone else has had something like this???
Thanks

September 10, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members responded to a question about a pinky finger randomly going cold, with several identifying it as likely Raynaud's Syndrome, a... Read more

Members responded to a question about a pinky finger randomly going cold, with several identifying it as likely Raynaud's Syndrome, a condition where blood vessels temporarily constrict and reduce circulation to fingers or toes, commonly occurring alongside fibromyalgia even in warm weather or air-conditioned spaces. Many members shared their own experiences with Raynaud's, describing symptoms like white or purple fingers and toes, numbness, intense itching, swelling, and painful circulation issues that improved with warming techniques, compression socks, heated slippers, and gentle exercise. A recurring theme was the value of learning about overlapping conditions like Raynaud's when navigating fibromyalgia, with members encouraging the original poster to research the syndrome and consult a doctor if symptoms worsen or spread.

A MyFibroTeam Member

Gentle hugs. Hope you feel better.

September 12, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

No i have not

September 12, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

Have you been checked or googled Raynauds??

September 11, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

This has happened to me quite a few times. I'm not sure why this happens it is really odd when you have just one finger go ice cold and rest of your fingers are warm.

September 11, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

I do too. I've had it in my toes longer than the fibro, but I think it's worse since. Last year I started feeling numbness in my big toe, then my other toes, then the tops of my feet, then ankles, then even my lower legs. Now my fingers are starting. My toes are always purple--except in the shower when they turn bright red. I've been experiencing intense itching of my toes and fingers, then they get red, swollen and very sore as well as itchy. Then they turn purple. I thought it was chill blains because my apartment is very very cold. But now I've found out it's inflammation in the blood veins and a complication of Raynaud's. I even had it in my heels last spring. My circulation is scary bad. I've been getting terrible foot cramps. Compression socks seem to help everything. I really have to buy some heated slippers if I want to keep my toes. Exercise seems to help a little. So it's not just me?

September 10, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rogers, AR

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Little Rock, AR

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
UK. Kent