Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cortland, NY

Ugh 😩 I’ve been bed bound for almost a year now . I do get up and move around and ride the elliptical for a few mins but then I’m rate back under the weighted blanket.

October 28, 2024
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared mixed experiences with weighted blankets for managing fibromyalgia symptoms and temperature regulation, with some finding them... Read more

Members shared mixed experiences with weighted blankets for managing fibromyalgia symptoms and temperature regulation, with some finding them too heavy and painful for aching joints while others appreciated the comforting, cuddled feeling they provided. Several members described alternative comfort strategies that work better for them, including 100% cotton sheets for cooling relief, infrared heat pads for warmth, heated mattress pads, and even the therapeutic weight of cats moving across their bodies during the night. A recurring theme was finding personalized comfort solutions that balance the need for warmth and pressure with the reality of painful, temperature-sensitive bodies.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I think they help ppl with anxiety and feeling snug and cuddled but too heavy for aching painful joints/muscles for me ☹️
I have to have 100% cotton sheets it’s so nice and cool on my legs this helps me sleep

October 28, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

Happy Halloween Trevorj , hope u feel better soon. Warm hugs .stay warm

October 31, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

Infrared is the best. After a nice light massage.

October 30, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

When I’m really cold I warm up on my infrared heatpad

October 28, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

I don't have a weighted blanket. But I do like to have both the top sheet and s blanket or comforter over me. I feel cuddled in. If I get to hot I'll kick my feet out or take the covers off. But I also have the fan on me too.

October 28, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rugby Warwickshire

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cortland, NY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In