Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
October 27, 2024
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared thoughtful advice for managing back pain while using a mobility scooter, with the most common suggestions being to try a... Read more

Members shared thoughtful advice for managing back pain while using a mobility scooter, with the most common suggestions being to try a gel-filled cushion instead of foam for better pressure relief, use a lumbar support pillow with Velcro straps to secure it to the seat, and take frequent breaks to stretch and walk when possible. Several members opened up about their own complex chronic pain conditions, including osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, and spinal nerve issues, describing the challenge of distinguishing which condition is causing which pain at any given moment. A recurring theme was the emotional importance of reclaiming freedom and independence through mobility aids, with many encouraging one another to prioritize comfort and self-care without guilt, no matter their age.

A MyFibroTeam Member

When I go to the grocery store or amusement parks is when i will use them. I usually will stop park and just stretch my legs and back for A little bit. @A MyFibroTeam Member I pray the stimulator helps you. I used it for a bit and it stopped helping me even though they would adjust. I finally got so frustrated. I asked them to take it out. @A MyFibroTeam Member I feel you on trying to determine the difference. I usually have to see if it’s my back surgery chronic pain or if it’s fibromyalgia. I also have OA in my knees so I know your pain. I hope you all can find some relief.

October 28, 2024 (edited)
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hi IanScroggy..I was only looking on amazon at them earlier..I'm going (hopefully) out with my daughter in law next week..I've booked a hire mobility scooter for a few hours..I'm not expecting to be comfortable or on the coach seat..I did wonder are these type gel cushions worth a try? Thank you Ian..πŸ™‚ kind regards Carole.

October 28, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

My reply was for Lucy10.πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

October 28, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

Remember you have to do what is right for you. But I would ask at your young age have you had your back checked out by a Dr? For me this would be the place to start. I had my first low back surgery when I was 39 or 40. I have degenerative disc disease. Then I had my 2nd low back surgery 7 or 8 years ago. I still have pain and I'm waiting to be approved for an implanted spinal nerve stimulator. Which supposed to relieve the pain. I know people who has it and says it works. So I guess what I'm saying is don't give up yet. Try all your options and if you still need the mobile scooter then get one. I pray you can find some answers and relief.
πŸ’–πŸ™πŸ’–

October 28, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

I hope you find something that works for you! πŸ’›πŸ€—
Same to you!! πŸ’œπŸ’

October 28, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Cortland, NY

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Leeds, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In