Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
December 11, 2024
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared their experiences with sudden mobility decline and muscle weakness, with many describing a gradual worsening over years that... Read more

Members shared their experiences with sudden mobility decline and muscle weakness, with many describing a gradual worsening over years that felt sudden once they realized how much function they'd lost, including needing walkers, wheelchairs, mobility scooters, and experiencing frightening balance issues and leg weakness that made simple tasks like walking to the bathroom dangerous. Several members offered practical strategies for managing daily life, including using weighted adaptive utensils like the Knork for eating, installing call alarm systems for safety, planning routes carefully to avoid obstacles, taking frequent rest breaks, and trying gentle movement or massage therapy to maintain whatever mobility remains. A recurring theme was the shock and grief of losing independence while also finding solidarity in knowing others understand the fear of falling, the exhaustion of fighting your own body, and the determination to keep moving even when every step feels impossible.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I’m so sorry so many of you are so unstable on your feet. It is difficult to know what to say. Sending love. Take care.

December 11, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member
December 11, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

Oh no! All I can say is ...be kind to yourself and even if you just wander around your home, just try to do a little bit!
I have gotten worse ova last 2yrs, but have to care for my mom who has no empathy whatsoever!
I am here if you want to chat x

December 11, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member
December 11, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

Yup, about once a year or so in winter I lose all range of motion in my legs.
It got worse last time. I tried to get out of bed and fell right to the floor and couldn't even get up without help since my legs wouldn't work.
My feet were really swollen and could feel it all the way up to my hips.
Accidently took too much prednisone and the next day I could walk again.
Usually it slowly clears up after a week or so unless I am able to take strong enough pain killers that make it stop completely.
I am autoimmune though and that seems to be a big contributor to my fibro, both of which are a result of extensive childhood trauma.

December 14, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cortland, NY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In