Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jarrettsville, MD
October 1, 2022
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared a wide range of medications they use to manage fibromyalgia pain, with tramadol emerging as a life-changing option for some,... Read more

Members shared a wide range of medications they use to manage fibromyalgia pain, with tramadol emerging as a life-changing option for some, while others found relief through combinations of Tylenol, Aleve, Lyrica, muscle relaxers like Tizanidine, or stronger prescriptions like oxycodone and fentanyl. Several members described frustration with opioids either not working due to how fibromyalgia affects pain receptors in the brain or causing severe side effects, leading some to rely on antidepressants, CBD products, and rest as their most effective tools. A recurring theme was the challenge of finding adequate pain relief when breakthrough pain persists despite medication, the difficulty accessing certain prescriptions due to legal and medical hesitancy, and the importance of working closely with pain specialists and neurologists to find individualized solutions.

A MyFibroTeam Member

Right now, I’m on noritryptiline for pain, anxiety and depression. Since the weather is getting g cooler, I will need to switch cuz I’m having more pain in my fingers and toes. I see my neurologist in November. God bless!

October 2, 2022
A MyFibroTeam Member

It got so bad i was prescribed high doses of morphine. Now i take fast tech and longtech a type of oxycontine, they give me some relief without the heavy hit of morphine. I can still operate without looking like a drug addict. I have now been diagnosed with a chronic pain disorder on top of my fibromyalgia and other issues. I hope this helps as it seems your pain levels are soaring.

October 2, 2022
A MyFibroTeam Member

My sister went to a female doctor for years. She described this shaky feeling she got around 3 pm every day. The doctor put her on Xanax. She was on it for years. One day we were talking on the phone and she told me she was getting the shakes and she didn't know why. I asked her to trust me and get some juice and peanut butter crackers and call me back in half an hour. She did and she was all better. Here, her doctor was giving her Xanax for low blood sugars. What a quack! Sorry. This doesn't relate to you but whenever I see Xanax, I think of that story. Hope you have better days ahead!

October 15, 2022
A MyFibroTeam Member

Rick47 yes that’s right I am suffering severely waiting for the neurologist to come. I’m glad 😀 the increased antidepressants helped you. 😀 glad you are doing better. Margaret2

October 3, 2022
A MyFibroTeam Member

@Margret2 i wondered why i was taking massive doses of morphine but still felt pain, thats why i asked to come off it, i still felt pain yet was constantly sleeping, i was like a zombie just going through the motions. Its only when my antidepressents were changed and increased i felt any benefit. Thats why i was diagnosed with chronic pain syndrome. Thanks.

October 3, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Leesburg, VA

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mobile, AL

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Prattville, AL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In