Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
August 4, 2021
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members widely confirmed experiencing painful ridges or knots along their outer thighs, with many describing intense pain when pressing on... Read more

Members widely confirmed experiencing painful ridges or knots along their outer thighs, with many describing intense pain when pressing on them or when trying to stand after sitting. Several members shared that their doctors attributed these symptoms to fibromyalgia trigger points, though some also received diagnoses of iliotibial band syndrome or bursitis and found relief through steroid injections and gentle stretching exercises. A recurring theme was the challenge of finding comfortable sleeping positions, with many members tossing and turning throughout the night due to pain and some finding better rest in recliners.

A MyFibroTeam Member

My Rheumatologist touched the outer side of my thigh both legs. They hurt to touch and to lay on. She said it was a fibro symptom. She touched all the trigger points. I have all 18 triggers. Can't sleep to long on either side and can't sleep on my back or stomach. Ugh!!! Keep tossing and turning , lucky if I get 3 hours straight sleep.

August 9, 2021
A MyFibroTeam Member

I googled your Syndrome and fibromyalgia together. It’s a fibromyalgia thing. Very interesting information

August 5, 2021
A MyFibroTeam Member

Just watch for bursitis. You’ll know ,as pain is awful. Rheumotologist gave me steroid shot.

August 4, 2021
A MyFibroTeam Member

I toss and turn all night, can't stay in one position very long before it start hurting. I feel like a tortilla constantly being flipped over. Yet, I can get more sleep and not hurt if I sleep in my recliner.

September 29, 2021
A MyFibroTeam Member

Yes the steroid shots always hurt me.It will go away in a day or so. So glad you went and found out what was wrong. I’ll have to look up that syndrome. Go easy on the exercises they gave you, you could end up in more pain.

August 5, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Brooklyn Park, MN

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bronx, NY