Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Limerick, PA

I read a thread on here about thinning hair,. Is that a fibro symptom? I’m asking because I’ve noticed that about myself recently. I thought about taking biotin, but I know it can interact with other medications, plus it can give you dry mouth and I already have that.

November 27, 2019
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyFibroTeam Member

I had problems too. I take vitamin d because I'm deficient (had my dr check) and a multivitamin for women that has tons of biotin in it and my hair thickened back up and my nails grow like crazy (first time in my life I've been able to grow long nails!) Doesn't effect my sojourns any worse than it was

November 30, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

Like you I have dry mouth and thinning hair. I also have no tear production. My actual thyroid labs always come back fairly normal, but my TPO levels, that signal risk of hypothyroidism, are escalating.

You may want to have that tested. UNLESS it’s a Fibro thing. I’m going to see an endocrinologist early next year re my TPO.

November 28, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

My hair falls out in clumps but it always has. It’s getting worse though! 🙄

November 28, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

Sorry i can not help you with that
But i aldo have dry mouth

November 27, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

Donnam21362 yes my hair was falling out like crazy and it was dry as straw I started using Acure shampoo bought it from Amazon hair is back to normal I also take 5000 mg of Biotin it does not affect the dry mouth that I already have.

November 27, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Harpersville NY

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
"Timbuktu", Michigan

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In