Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Marietta, GA

Lately I’ve been dealing with nerve pain. I think it’s nerve pain but Im not sure. It feels like radiating pain running down my arms and fingers. When I cough it makes it even more painful. It’s mainly in my right today. I’ve also been having random sharp pains and some very mild cramping in the arms and legs. Is this typical fibro?

August 1, 2019
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members responded to a question about radiating arm and finger pain that worsens with coughing, with many encouraging a doctor visit to rule... Read more

Members responded to a question about radiating arm and finger pain that worsens with coughing, with many encouraging a doctor visit to rule out pinched nerves or other conditions while acknowledging that nerve pain is common in fibromyalgia. Several members described their own nerve pain experiences, ranging from pins-and-needles sensations and lightning-like zaps to radiating pain that jumps between sides of the body, with some sharing that tests ruled out structural causes and confirmed fibromyalgia as the culprit. A recurring theme was finding relief through heat therapy, including heated mattress pads, warm car seats, and lidocaine patches, which many members praised as helpful tools for managing persistent nerve and joint pain.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I have a heated mattress pad that works so good on my joints. It feels so good to crawl into bed and have a reprieve from the pain for a while. I have gone through three of these pads, but I have to tell you they are wonderful! What a difference this has made in my life!!

August 2, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

@A MyFibroTeam Member. That’s the type of pain I get too. It radiates down my arms and in my legs. It jumps from the left to right side - just depends on the day. Sometimes the pain is so intense it makes me hold my breath or it leaves me with my mouth agape - very attractive let me tell you. And then it’s gone seconds later only return at a later time sometimes in the same place, sometimes somewhere else. Sadly there are no pinched nerves - the emg and the mri ruled that out. Doctor said it’s fibro so ... You can always ask your gp just to be sure though.

August 1, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

I agree the Lidocaine patches help me a lot.

August 5, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

Should have it checked out. by your doctor it .could be something that you are not aware of.good luck...

August 1, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

Amy how have u been? Its been so long

November 13, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
St Helens, UK

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Apple Valley, MN