Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rogers, AR

Who has made a specific dietary change and found it to be helpful?

March 11, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyFibroTeam Member

I eat a vegetarian diet and only occasionally eat meat. I also avoid dairy, and refined sugar..my diet is high in fiber which helps IBS symptoms..I feel better on this diet. Does it get rid of my pain and fatigue? No....

March 12, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

I started with the AIP diet and have stuck with it for almost a year now (I’ve added back in nuts/seeds, some dark chocolate, an occasional glass of wine or two, and coffee with no problems). I also have recently started experimenting with the low FODMAP diet because I was still having digestive trouble on the AIP. Eliminating FODMAPs has been incredibly helpful for me so far!

March 12, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

I have cut out gluten products (bread, pasta), night shade vegetables (tomato, eggplant, potato) and most importantly, I check all packaging to avoid MSG (monosodium glutamate) and sodium benzoate (preservative) and any other chemical preservatives, colour enhancers etc. Avoiding chemical additives is essential to keep my flare-ups under control.

When I'm traveling for work it gets really difficult to find out what is in the food I eat, so I just have to do my best to avoid these triggers when I'm at home. That stabilizes me enough that I can mentally prepare myself for the next trip away from home, and the health fall-out that follows the flare-up...

Luckily I really enjoy cruciferous vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts)...they are full of anti-oxidants that us fibro people need more of. This cookbook has been really helpful in explaining how certain ingredients are helping my fibro which encourages me to cook. Food is medicine. I love to cook and to talk about healthy ways to manage fibro. All the best to you.

March 12, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

@A MyFibroTeam Member I got the book at Chapters Bookstore (in Canada) and they have it on Amazon.

March 13, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

where did you get book

March 12, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Manchester, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In