Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Help

August 3, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyFibroTeam Member

I go to a pain clinic as they specialize in dealing with chronic pain and help. I get prescriptions for Lyrica and Tramadol (both are now controlled substances). I also get zanaflex as a muscle relaxer because Flexeril stopped working. They are kind where I am at and have never refused me medication. I hope you get some help. Search for a pain clinic and go through their process so you can get the proper meds. Most people do not find relief with opiods, but I do with Tramadol and have read that Tramadol is one of the best pain meds for Fibro. I also know docs are hesitant to prescribe heavy meds to those who need them long term, but pain clinics can and do prescribe them long term. It all depends on your history and how much pain you are in. We all know that no medication will take the pain completely away, but if it helps enough to bring back a better quality of life, then they are worth it.

August 6, 2018
A MyFibroTeam Member

I have moved so much, that I just tell my doctor that is new to me these are the medication I take, the doses I take, and that they should not be changed as it has taken a decade to find what it right for me!

August 4, 2018
A MyFibroTeam Member

The doctors today think everyone is out to get high. They no longer consider that their patient might actually be in pain.
I went to the ER the day after Christmas after falling and breaking my knee cap in half.
The ER Dr gave me something IV that worked for about 15 minutes. I told him I needed something else. I was in excruciating pain. He said he couldn’t give me anything else. I said, I have fibromyalgia and sometimes a Vicodin will help the pain. The last time I had a Vicodin prescription was 2014 and I told my good fibro doctor I only wanted 10 for the entire year. I still have 6 left.
The ER doctor suddenly looked at me completely differently. His response was we don’t have that pain medication in this hospital. Being a nurse I challenged him on that but he just walked out of the room. He came back a couple minutes later to discharge me with some lame foam splint!! I was to see a orthopedic surgeon in 10 days. I was flabbergasted! Even the nurses were upset with him. They finally ganged up on him and he admitted me.
So don’t expect to get sleeping aids or pain medications from your regular doctor very easily.
And anyway if you do more research you will find that pain meds don’t work on fibromyalgia for very long if at all
Check out Rawlsmd.com. You will thank me.

August 5, 2018
A MyFibroTeam Member

@A MyFibroTeam Member
I agree with you what you wrote you take it when you need it and telling the doctor how you use it should not be used against you!
My so much

August 4, 2018
A MyFibroTeam Member

I asked my dr to refill my flexeril which is suppose to b taken at night. I take it when I need to which is hardly ever. He refused to fill it. Now I am waking up after only2hrs in pain from my back. I have to get up and sit in my recliner. This 25mcg fentanyl patch isn't working neither the perc. This opiate epidemic can kiss my #*^! This is not fair to the people with chronic autoimmune disorders.

August 4, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Phila, PA

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Killeen, TX