Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Eugene, OR
December 12, 2017
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared their varied experiences with catching viruses while living with fibromyalgia, with many describing heightened vulnerability to... Read more

Members shared their varied experiences with catching viruses while living with fibromyalgia, with many describing heightened vulnerability to infections, longer recovery times, and the challenge of low immunity often associated with the condition. Several members mentioned practical strategies they use to protect themselves, including wearing surgical masks in public during winter, taking vitamins and probiotics, avoiding allergens and chemical triggers, and staying current with flu and pneumonia vaccines. A recurring theme was the exhausting reality of getting seriously ill when infection does strike, with some members experiencing complications like pneumonia, shingles, or chronic strep infections that can last weeks or even months.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I hace flu most of the time. I need to take vitamins , use surgery masks, take care of the dust And cold weather. I heces different Kind of allergies. But I dont know What IS a diff viruses. Somebody could explain me please😷

December 13, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

#Jagdish - I haven’t had a cold or flu for a long time but did have some sort of virus recently that only lasted a few days. The bad part is I ended up with shingles when that ended. I get sinus infection from pollen or if I am around someone wearing perfume. If I can’t get away from that smell it turns into a sinus infection as I have MCS or Multiple Chemicals Sensitivities.

December 12, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

I don't get sick very often. I always say I don't get the cold or the flu, I get something serious when i get anything. I do get sinus or upper respitary infections once or twice a year maybe. Fibro is enough to deal with. Maybe that is why I don't get other stuff often. Lol.

December 12, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

I have to be very careful...I wear a surgical mask when I go out in winter. I am just now getting over the flu and it has been almost a whole month of recovery time...
When I get sick I get really really sick too..seems my immune system is shot.

December 12, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

I have Epstein Barr besides chronic fatigue & fibro. Haven't been tested for Lyme.
I do appreciate your suggestions.
I use probiotics & other supplements.
No magic cure yet.

December 15, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Pembroke Pines, FL

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mission, TX

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In