I have very bad muscle tightness and spasms in my upper back. So bad at times that I ain't even lift up my arms or turn my neck :(
Ive had so much muscle tightness in my upper back, shoulders, neck. The muscle in my left shoulder is like a rock. Soaking in some Epsom Salts helps me. I know massages would help emensly, but isn't it expensive?
I rub tiger balm. The heat helps relax the muscle and then I try to do slow stretches to unwind the muscles.
Find a good massage therapist. Low impact yoga helps me along with meditation
Stretching exercises. I find they help everything.
a nice warm soak in a tub with magnesium sprinkled in the water does wonders for the spasms I don't have a bath tub so I go to my daughters and jump into her spa bath a couple of times a month the magnesium pellets you can get from any health food shop.