Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
South Jordan, UT

Just want to know, do you feel like your anxiety gets worse when your having a bad flare up? Or do you think your anxiety causes a bad flare up?

February 25, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyFibroTeam Member

Thank you all for your answers. I have been having such horrible anxiety and one of the worst flares ever. Both have been going on so long, it's hard for me to remember which came first.

February 25, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

I believe both can cause either one. Sometimes overthinking or anything can trigger anxiety. Or you don't need any reason for anxiety to sneak up on you. It's not a great feeling to feel.

February 25, 2017 (edited)
A MyFibroTeam Member

Stress definitely makes mine worse. But the pain brings on stress, thus im worse. If I could not work I would have a better quality of life. Work is stressful, then I hurt more, then more stress because I feel so bad. Horrible cycle. And there are days I just have a hard time keeping positive. I fake it till I make it, so to speak. And when I let my self stop... I'm done. In bed and miserable.

February 25, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

Mine works both ways as well. Stress triggers flares and flares increase my anxiety. During a flare I get really stressed about all the things that need to be done and I am unable to do

February 25, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

I have actually had it both ways. But truth be told I would say the majority for me is my anxiety increases with the pain/symptoms

February 25, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Port Clyde Shelburne County, NS

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Detroit, MI

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In