Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Charleston, SC

Anyone have a low calorie healthy meal plan diet I can see the link too
I would like the actual meal for every day for a month
Would be great if it actually totaled up the ingredients so I could buy everything from the grocery at one time but not a necessity.
No french two hour meals just something simple or at least not super complex to follow.
I can go on a liquid diet but that just comes back to me in a week after. I go too low calorie ad I go into starvation mode and loose muscle and… read more

October 10, 2016 (edited)
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members rallied around someone seeking a simple, low-calorie meal plan with practical suggestions including Allrecipes.com for meal plans and... Read more

Members rallied around someone seeking a simple, low-calorie meal plan with practical suggestions including Allrecipes.com for meal plans and shopping lists, the low FODMAP diet for gut health and weight loss, and using dried beans with rice as an affordable complete protein source. Several members shared their own approaches, from structured weekly menus featuring grilled chicken and steamed vegetables to batch-prepping meals in Tupperware on good days, with one member describing how breakfast burritos with chorizo, eggs, and potatoes stay filling and protein-rich throughout the morning. A recurring theme was finding balance between structure and flexibility, working within tight budgets by using canned vegetables and dried beans, and celebrating small victories in learning to cook while managing fibromyalgia symptoms and nutritional needs.

A MyFibroTeam Member

Chorizo is really tasty in breakfast burritos too. My boyfriend calls them roll-ups. It's just diced potatoes, chorizo, and eggs (cheese too if you like). We put it on a tortilla and I stay full until afternoon without issue.

October 13, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

I find following a 'plan' makes me feel restricted straight away so I tend to want to break away from it very quickly! I have just over hauled my diet in general - I'm lucky to know a lot about health and nutrition so I can easily hunt down the best recipes and quick fixes. But I don't punish myself if I have a naughty treat or a bad day with it. I also prep at times when I feel ok (ish!) and have a fridge full of prepped stuff in Tupperware, really helps you stick to healthy eating on the bad days x

October 11, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

I don't think the Chorizo is hot at all just has a good flavor. Not something I would eat every single day but gives you that change up that you crave.

I do like hot foods though but I have eaten the Nuclear wings at Zaxby's and after the fifth one you can't even taste ANYTHING anymore so no need to buy more than five.
Just TOO hot !

October 14, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

@A MyFibroTeam Member, thank you for the info.!! I do like a little bit of a kick but my stomach can't take it too spicy anymore, lol.

October 13, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Chorizo is most often pork sausage with Latin seasonings. You can get spicy or mild and some stores also carry beef. I have only found the beef in a local Mexican food store. My favorite is the regular pork. It is spicy, but good if you like a bit of a kick :)

October 13, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Olathe, KS

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bellingham, WA

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Laredo, TX

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In