Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Roseville, CA

HI, I'm wondering if anyone has started to loose all there eyebrows? I can't really contribute this to anything. Showed the Dr. and he didn't know either. I mean I loose head hair but not going bald like my eyebrows... It's crazy!!!!

July 15, 2016 (edited)
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members responded to a question about eyebrow loss, with the overwhelming consensus pointing to two likely culprits: thyroid issues... Read more

Members responded to a question about eyebrow loss, with the overwhelming consensus pointing to two likely culprits: thyroid issues (particularly Hashimoto's thyroiditis, which commonly occurs alongside fibromyalgia) and nutritional deficiencies. Several members shared that medications, especially long-term use of certain drugs like Norco or harsh arthritis treatments, can also trigger hair and eyebrow loss even after years of stable use. A recurring theme was the importance of getting thyroid levels checked and considering vitamin or supplement support, as one member's husband saw improvement in eyebrow fullness after starting good vitamins and natural thyroid supplements.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I think the answers of a deficiency or thyroid sounds very likely. Yes, I think your doctor would have checked that right away. Mine cheeked that, first thing.

July 16, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Yes..but mine is thyroid related. But...it is also autoimmune...many of these disorders go hand in hand.

July 15, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

I have also been on Norco for 18 years...I believe mine has been 100% thyroid related. I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis...very common to have it along with fibro. They frequently go hand in hand.

July 15, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

It happened to my husband who does not have fibro. He started taking good vitamins and other supplements and it looks like they are getting fuller. Maybe some defficiency?

July 15, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

You never know why all of a sudden your hair just starts falling out. Mine did that same thing. I had been on the medication for a couple of years and then all of a sudden my hair and eyebrows started falling out. It may not be your reason, just a suggestion. I was on a harsh medication for arthritis, so I had to go off it.

July 15, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Saint Helens, OR

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Anaheim, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In