Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Arley, AL

What is good to use for leg cramps? I have rls and my legs will cramp in this heat and I'm not able to walk much. What can I do to ease the cramps up besides more meds?

July 2, 2016
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members responded to someone seeking relief from leg cramps and restless leg syndrome with a variety of suggestions ranging from prescription... Read more

Members responded to someone seeking relief from leg cramps and restless leg syndrome with a variety of suggestions ranging from prescription medications like Requip and Gabapentin to natural remedies such as eating bananas for potassium, taking magnesium supplements, drinking more water, and using ice packs or stretches to help muscles relax. Several members enthusiastically recommended CBD oil for cramps, RLS, anxiety, and sleep issues, sharing specific brands and sources while noting it's legal and derived from hemp rather than marijuana. A recurring theme was that underlying causes matter, with one member discovering their RLS was actually severe iron deficiency and another identifying a pinched nerve, highlighting the importance of proper testing and working with a doctor who listens.

A MyFibroTeam Member

eat a banana before bed. and take a magnesium supplement. I had RLS too, and figured out it was a pinched nerve. Are you taking Gabapentin. That usually helps with nerve pain.
G'Luck! (that's short for good luck).
Marsha

July 2, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Dont know if your down n with it or not but cannabanoid oil helps mine and helped me get the best sleep ive had in years. Get it online. I bought "Miracle Smoke" brand. Just sayin honey. Its worth a try and better than you suffering from these DR's neglect.

July 6, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Google Miracle smoke

July 16, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Smokenbrew.com is in Greenville, SC. But if you're not in SC do an internet search for CBD oil in your state.

July 8, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

I read that CBD oil is legal and available in all 50 states. It comes from hemp instead of marijuana, so it doesn't have THC. I found a store in Greenville, SC who can get it for you. I'll have to look up the name again.

July 7, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Amarillo, TX

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Waukon, IA

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Northants UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In