Just wondering if anyone else deals with anxiety issues or panic attacks that come along with fibro and stress. How do you cope without medicine? I will not take medicine my doctor put me on Xanax I took it for three days and it made me feel so much worse and then the withdrawal just for this short amount of time was horrible. So I will not take medication that makes me feel this way. I just lost my mother last month I had been her caretaker for about a year so I know this has allot to do with… read more
Answer Summary
Members rallied around someone struggling with anxiety and panic attacks related to fibromyalgia and recent grief, with the overwhelming... Read more
I too take xanax for anxiety and panic attacks. I was told to go to therapy. Where i was told I had PTSD from 2 bad marriages and divorces, bipolar haven't gotten a reason why yet. But I call someone and I can talk myself down but I don't think I could without the meds.
I also have panic attacks and anxiety disorder.i have to take the Xanax though ...and behavioral modification. I have learned to recognize now that I am getting panicky or anxious and I try to start deep breathing exercises, relaxation techniques, etc.
I never took anything for those before recently...I've been getting real bad night sweats from frequent night terrors and they put me on hydroxyzine for anxiety/sleep twice a day its non habit forming and all that good stuff so nothing there to worry about if you want to try it as an option however I only use it for bedtime not during the day it didn't seem to help with panic attacks for me but I didn't want to go up on the dosage to try
I also suffered and it got to the point where I couldn't get of the spiral ( pain, anxiety, pain)
I went found a counselor to talk to and I was able to take out some emotional garbage that was buried so deep, I forgot I had it.
Soon the anxiety started to wane and I started to feel better about my life. Even when I'm in pain Im more positive about it.
Don't get me wrong, I still have pity parties but I limit those parties to 15 minutes instead of all day like I used .
Good luck to you.
I too suffer from anxiety , but my dr has me on buspar , I beleive it works for me , it took a little while to work but it has worked . From reading other posts I am coming to believe that many fibro .people have anxiety so I am not feeling so alone . The only thing I can think of as to why is that it is a nerve thing . good luck to you -hugs-