I have a new boyfriend and he's finding it difficult to understand my condition. How can I explain it to him?
I found a book on Amazon that is specifically for people whose spouse or friend has fibromyalgia and it is only 32 pages long. but it is cheap nd it is easy to read, or if you have Kindle Unlimited, then the book is free.
It is called "Loving Those With Fibro: Caring for those with the invisible disease" by Michael Holien.
Here is the link to the book on Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/Loving-Those-Fibro-invis...(Phone number can only be seen by the question and answer creators)&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
Pick up the newly published book called "The FIBROMANUAL" and have him read the section that explains what fibromyalgia is.
Or Ask your local hospital if they offer classes for fibromyalgia sufferers. The class I am attending lasts 5 weeks and on Week 4 you are supposed to bring your boyfriend or spouse with you and they take the spouses into another room and teach them about fibromyalgia and what they can do to support you. I think that is AMAZING. I haven't reached the 4th week yet, but I can't wait for my hubby to come to class.
Wished they did this in the UK @A MyFibroTeam Member
Do you have a copy of the spoon theory? I literally printed multiple copies and handed them out to my family members because it seemed nobody understood & now that they have read it they at least understand more and realize what we do go through, I have a copy if you need it, its only about 2 pages long so it should not be an issue for them to read it, if they really want to know whats going on.
There are classes in the UK too, ask your GP for referral x