This question is purely cosmetic and not really important but because I have experienced it, I am just wondering if anyone else has and if they found anything that helps change it or stop it. The nails on the 3 fingers between the pinky and thumb of each hand flatten out. A couple start to curl under if they grow out and they get very dry and brittle. They get ridges on them and they Crack and break all the time
I know it's not an important issue considering what we face everyday but as I… read more
Answer Summary
Members enthusiastically connected over shared nail changes, including flattening, curling, ridges, brittleness, and even complete nail loss,... Read more
Mine are like that. I've kept artificial nails on for at least 5-6 years now without fail. People always think it's a luxury but it can be painful to have them done and maintained but it's much less painful that the cuts and slices that happen to my body when I have spasms or drop things and spastically reach for it. I've left myself bloody so many times that I learned to keep them fake and thick.
My nails have turn blue and are very ridged. Blue is I have bad cirriculation, and ridges are from fibrio, and lack of my body being able to absorb certain vitamins. They know I have Fibrio, but also reactive arthritis. You have to Google HLA-B27
Yes I have problems with my nails too. No one ever told me it could be related to my Fibro.
You can take biotin for hair and nails. Brittle nails are a sign of other medical problems like thyroid problems.
I have to that is a very good question, I have between sweat glands out of control in the palm and dry up along the fingers? Never really wanted to reveal my problem to anyone until now:|